A wildly romantic and seductively chic bolthole for 2 guests (+2 by special arrangement). Self-catering cottage with boutique-hotel hospitality and spectacular views. Sauna and spa. Ideal for a honeymoon.
Twenty-minute drive to Hay on Wye. In the heart of the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons.
Hayloft Cottage is all about charm and coziness. Its stone walls and floors, oak beams and staircase, deep window seats opening onto the valley, wood stove, French-style furniture mixed with modern art pieces, and location in gorgeous terraced gardens and stunning countryside, all contribute to its romantic character. It is an ideal cottage for a honeymoon.
- Ground floor: elegant dining area with Oka of London furniture and fine tableware
- Beautiful, fully-equipped contemporary kitchen with dishwasher & microwave oven. Washing machine in separate cupboard
- A couple of steps take you to the generous and cosy living space with large sofa and chaise longue. Some of the art work was on display in famous European museums. Stone floors throughout
- A large oak staircase with a stone wall takes you to the first floor
- First floor: large bedroom (super king-size) opening onto romantic countryside views
- Possibility of two additional occasional and comfortable beds by special request in the landing area of the first floor. Carpet throughout
- Large, marble-tiled bathroom with oak floor, bath, skylight and towel radiator
- Central heating and stylish Scandinavian wood stove
we are pet friendly
- We welcome well-behaved dogs
- Fully-enclosed outdoor terrace available but please keep your dog on the lead in the fields when sheep are around.
- An extra £100 security deposit applies when booking with dogs
THE BOUTIQUE-HOTEL TOUCH
- Spa and sauna facility
- Complimentary daily cleaning service. Feel totally on holiday and let us tidy up everything!
- Delicious home-made meals available anyday. They are prepared by the neighbouring award-winning White Haywood Farm. Get your meals delivered or walk across our and their fields for more fun!
- Beautiful floral decoration on arrival
- Complimentary Welsh-borders delicatessen and eggs on arrival
- Highly-comfortable bedding with satin Egyptian cotton bedlinens and summer-winter adjustable duvets
- Blissful bathrobes
- Fluffy Egyptian cotton towels and complimentary luxury toilettry
- Essential gadgets: free Wifi, smart large-screen TV, bluetooth-enabled music player, DVD player, and hairdryer in the bedroom
- Nespresso coffee machine (we give you a few capsules to start; you can buy the following from us)
- Complimentary first basket of firewood and kidling wood supplied
- Spring water from Hollywell Spring on the estate
- Walking maps supplied and wide selection of books available
- Smooth check-in; late check-out by prior arrangement
- Travel cot available. Please let us know.
- Private 40 m2/400 sq.ft. stone terrace directly opening onto the meadows and the valley. Fully equipped with dining set, a large parasol, and a Weber barbecue
- Second gravelled patio with romantic seating to catch the sun all day long
- Access to our formal garden and fascinating grounds (69 acres)
- Direct walking access to the Brecon Beacons National Park right from your doorstep
- Unique stargazing experience: The Brecon Beacons is now just one of the five locations worldwide with Dark Sky Status
- Swing hanging from an old ash tree
- Exciting entertainment provided by our partners (see our Useful Links page)