Family-friendly and lavishly luxurious barn for 4 guests (+2 by special arrangement). Self-catering barn with boutique-hotel hospitality and spectacular views. Sauna and spa. Pets welcome
Twenty-minute drive to Hay on Wye. At the heart of the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
Long Barn is a highly seductive place for families. It is bright, spacious, widely open to the landscape, and yet cosy. Its multiple levels, the oak beams, the stone walls and floors, the classic British colour scheme, the mix of antique and contermporary design (Philippe Starck, Yki Nummi, etc), and the sytlish wood stove give it so much character. Perfect to rest, there are no cars and no noise around, just the sheep and the water streams to be heard.
- Spacious, open-plan living space with sitting space around the wood stove
- Second sitting/play room in the upstairs mezzanine. This mezzanine offers two additional occasional and comforable beds by special request
- En-suite bedroom (king-size bed)
- Second double-bedroom (twin beds transformable into super king-size)
- Second bathroom
- Central heating and stylish Scandinavian wood stove
- Fully-equipped contemporary kitchen with dishwasher
- Large dining area
- Elegant decoration and soft furnishing, including London-based Oka furniture
we are pet friendly
- We welcome well-behaved dogs. Please keep them on the lead in the fields when sheep are around
- An extra £100 security deposit applies when booking with dogs
THE BOUTIQUE-HOTEL TOUCH
- Sauna and spa facility.
- Complimentary mid-week cleaning service for week-long stays. Feel totally on holiday and let us help with the tidy up!
- Delicious home-made meals available any day. They are prepared by the neighbouring award-winning White Haywood Farm. Get your meals delivered or walk across our and their fields for more fun!
- Beautiful floral decoration on arrival
- Complimentary Welsh-borders delicatessen and eggs on arrival
- Highly-comfortable bedding with Egyptian satin cotton bedlinens, summer-winter adjustable duvets
- Blissful bathrobes
- Fluffy Egyptian cotton towels and complimentary luxury toilettry
- Essential gadgets: Wifi, smart large-screen TV, bluetooth-enabled music player, DVD player, and hairdryer in every bedroom
- Nespresso coffee machine (we give you a few capsules to begin with and you may buy the following from us)
- Complimentary first basket of firewood and kidling wood
- Spring water from Hollywell Spring on the estate
- Walking maps supplied
- Smooth check-in; late check-out by prior arrangement
- Travel cot available: please notify us
- Private 50 m2/538 sq.ft. stone terrace fully equipped with dining set, a large parasol, and a Weber barbecue
- Second smaller terrace and private garden
- Access to our formal garden and fascinating grounds (69 acres)
- Direct walking access to the Brecon Beacons National Park right from your doorstep
- Unique star-gazing experience; The Brecon Beacons is now just one of the five locations worldwide with International Dark Sky Status
- Swing hanging from an old ash tree
- Exciting entertainment provided by our partners (see our Useful Links page)